Sunday, 24 August 2014

Day 17 of Recovery

I had an absolutely ridiculous lie-in today as I hadn't got to sleep until nearly 3am last night. I ended up waking up at about 2pm, which is ridiculous, but I've been trying to sleep as much as I can at night so I don't feel the need for a nap in the day and if that means sleeping for 11 hours straight then so be it.

I got up and dressed into my comfy clothes today as I didn't have any plans to leave the house and headed downstairs in time to have two massive mugs of Mom's home made Leek and Potato soup for lunch. Shep's been feeling a little bit under the weather today as well but Charlie very sweetly spent the day being very concerned about him and giving him kisses on the nose.

Nic bought Toby a new fleecy cat bed and he has literally spent the whole day reclining on it in the middle of the living room. My great-aunt popped round in the afternoon to see how I was recovering and said she was amazed to see how well I was doing. I was pleased to hear that she thought I didn't look at all swollen and just looked "divine", which flattered me no end!

After my great-aunt had headed home I settled in with my iPad to relax by reading all my favourite blogs and was overjoyed to see that I'd won a Lancome Genifique serum in a giveaway over on Ruth's blog, A Model Recommends. It really cheered me up and I'm so excited to receive it as my post-operative skin has been absolute hell to deal with as it's been really dry so I'm hoping this serum will be its saviour. I think I'm going to write a little review of this serum once I've had a chance to properly test it so keep an eye out for that in the not too distant future!

For tea I had cauliflower cheese again but for some reason I was finding it really hard to drink as it just would NOT strain through all my wiring so I only managed one mug of it before I gave up. After tea I relaxed with Mom for a bit and then headed upstairs to do a bit of blogging. I've spent the last hour or so dissolving Rainbow Drops in my cheek, which is surprisingly tasty. My tongue is feeling really sore along the right hand side now but I don't know what I could do other than phone the hospital and ask my consultant to take the splint out, smooth it down and replace it, which seems a bit of a drastic plan and, to be honest, unfeasible considering my jaws have to be held together constantly until they're healed.

I'm signing off now to get some sleep and I'll post my next update tomorrow; goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment