Friday, 22 August 2014

Day 15 of Recovery

I woke up at about 11am on day 15 of my recovery but I'd dreamt that I'd had all my wires removed so it was really depressing to wake up and find that my jaws were still very firmly attached to each other. I got myself up and dressed into real clothes (the same maroon skirt outfit as last week) as me and a few friends were going shopping to sort out our friend's 21st birthday present!

We set out just after lunch and trawled the shops in search of good presents for our friend. We'd got her main presents sorted already but we still had a bit of the budget left over for buying lots of little meaningful presents. We ended up buying her a few bits of makeup (because I will force her to be as obsessed as I am), some baking and crafting goodies (because she's mega creative), a few Disney goodies (duh) and some chocolates and sweets too. My friends enjoyed pushing me round in a hired wheelchair (because our local shopping centre is MASSIVE and I still get tired and out of breath really easily) and it was nice for me to get out of the house for a few hours.

When we'd finished shopping for all the presents we headed back to one of my friend's houses to eat soup (so considerate) and wrap up the presents ready for my friend's birthday party on Saturday night. We wrapped everything up (if a little messily) and made a little gift voucher to say we were taking her out shopping for the day and buying her a Ted Baker purse she'd been lusting over for ages. Nic came and picked me up at about 6pm so I could have my tea at home.

I'll apologise now for the selfie-heavy slew of photos below but I'd actually made an effort to curl my hair, put contacts in and put a bit of make-up on so I decided to make the most of it and take lots of photos of my new face shape and current (awkward) smile. I'm also able to (sort of) smile with my lips closed for the first time in my life but I'm still learning how to do it without looking plain weird.

I had another relaxing evening at home but ended up having quite a late night as I couldn't get to sleep. I watched a couple of programmes on iPlayer and finally fell asleep at about 2am.

No comments:

Post a Comment