Monday 30 January 2017

Long overdue update!

Hi all,


You probably haven't missed me during my absence but, then again, some of you may have been living in fear that something terrible had happened post-op, seeing as I disappeared off the face of the (digital) Earth. Well I'm back now with a much-needed update of everything that I haven't shared over the last 2 years!



I'm ashamed to say that when I last updated I was 2 months post-op and still had my braces and bands on! I'm now over 2 years post-op, without braces and pleased to report that I have waaaay less TMD (temporomandibular joint disfunction [jaw pain]) nowadays, although this recent cold weather has seen the jaw pain returning a bit more. I've been very naughty with my retainers and I definitely haven't been wearing them anywhere near as much as I should but luckily I haven't seen any huge movement in my teeth, although DON'T follow my example on that one! So all in all, in terms of orthodontics and dentistry my operation was a resounding success.



Unfortunately, since my operation I was diagnosed with ME (myalgic encephalomyelitis [otherwise known as CFS or chronic fatigue syndrome]) but I think that would be best saved for a separate blog post as there's a lot of detail on that. My doctors and consultants aren't sure whether the surgery caused the ME or whether I already had it without realising and surgery just brought it to the surface, so it's not something you should be worried about as a routine side effect of the surgery if you are one of the many readers coming to my blog to find out what to expect from jaw surgery!



Other big life changes since my update include getting another dog, returning to university, graduating with my second degree, beginning full-time work and I'm sure there are plenty of other things that I've forgotten right now. I will do my best to dig out some photos from all the major events that have happened in 2015 and 2016 and do a round-up post to fill you in on all the details.



I'm going to sign off here for now but I'll be back soon (not in two years' time) with more detail about what's been going on in my life recently. Let me know if there any posts you would like to see from me or if you have any questions I can answer!



Ta-ra a bit ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment